You would think that when a country had 200 plus years to think about and refine a process through which it would protect and preserve the rights of its citizens, that the process should be at this point pretty darn good.
Then …. a time where a small group of farmers and business men came together to fight for justice, protect their families, neighbors and their property from abusive government control. The result of this time in our history was a document so powerful that its authors never thought it would be forsaken.
“We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.”
Maybe today “NOW” we have yet another decision to make, another stand to take in order that we can bring those we have elected to the realization that “We the People” includes both them and us.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have this message… if you feel strong enough to pass it along.
*Congressional Reform Act of 2013
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they’re out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void effective 12/31/13. The American people did not make these contracts with Congressmen/women.
Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
8. If a man or woman runs for a congressional office and they are not able to prepare or support a balance budget. Then they should quit and be replaced by someone else that can do so.
If each person reading this contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message. Don’t you think it’s time?
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS! This is how we FIX our country. America is one of the greatest countries in the world… or at least it used to be. It can be again. The American people are a strong people and a country that can and will represent to the rest of the world a great promise for the future of our children and their children.
I realize many of you have read this or something similar before. However, It is by constant vigilance that we are able to succeed in life, so do not pass it by… pass it on.
Thank you so much for passing this message along, as I have done here as well.
May God’s blessings be with us all.