It is truly amazing how no matter how old we get… we still can grow from the lessons we learn each day.
by: Wayne Warrington
I would love to think that at this point in my life, I have pretty much learned all there is to being happy, successful, healthy and loved. However, I wake up each morning realizing that yesterday was yet another lesson and today an adventure yet to be experienced.
So… with that said…. let me tell you my opinion as to how you can best find happiness. lol
The key to happiness, I have come to believe, is delivered through two elements. Timing and Balance.
TIming since everything in life can be greatly enhanced or destroyed through the element of timing. If you enter into an intersection on a busy street when the light is red instead of green, you may find it was NOT the right time to be there. If you eat a heavy meal 20 minutes before you go to bed, you may find your timing to return results on the scale in the morning that are not in line with your weight goals.
If you fail to tell someone close to you how much they mean to you, or how much you love them, every chance you can… you may find the opportunity to do so may have passed and your life filled with that regret.
With respect to balance in life, if you find yourself working 80 hour weeks and never spending time in the gym, you may wake up one morning in a hospital bed and not able to enjoy the rewards of all your hard work. If you find yourself eating at fast food restaurants more than once a week and not eating healthy meals, you may find that as your age increases, so does your waist line.
So now that I have told you everything you already know… let’s talk about some simple steps to keep things in balance which allows you to spend your time enjoying life, not watching it pass you by.
1. Take 5 minutes once a week and answer these questions. If your chart does not reflect balance in your life…. ADJUST as needed in those areas that are below a 5.
2. Make sure you eat 5 times a day. 3 of those times the food should never be more than what can fit on a 9 inch plate. The other 2 times should be a healthy snack, protein shake or glass of veggie juice.
3. At least 5 days a week, move your body “exercise”, for at least 20 minutes… where the result is you increase your heart rate. Walking fast! Running! Swimming! Treadmill or Cross Trainer. And MAKE sure you life weights at least 2 times a week. NOTE: You do not have to go to a gym to accomplish this. Your body can become the weight you lift!! Furniture at home can become your gym equipment. The key is to JUST DO IT! Boy that’s sound familiar. lol
4. Pick up the phone, email or get in the car and spend time every week… 20 – 30 – 60 minutes with a friend or a family member that you do not get to see all the time.
5. Learn something NEW…. every single day! A word, a scripture, a motivational or inspirational thought. Something about our country’s history! Something about a new invention! Something about a PLACE you want to visit some day.
6. Drink 60 plus ounces of water every day and add 2 ounces of Olive Oil – Fish Oil to your food. Your brain is made up mostly of water and fat. Your body is made up of mostly water. We live in a toxic environment, we eat foods filled with stuff you can not even pronounce! Or at least I can not pronounce it! The omega oils and water clean your system out and provide the healthy elements we are missing. Timing with the water you drink is IMPORTANT!! Drink a full glass of water before each meal! Drink a glass before bed and have one on you night stand.
7. Express your love for someone close to you each day and remember to SMILE and say hello to a stranger! You can and will make a positive change in their day!
That’s it. Your 7 step program to a healthier, happier and more fulfilled life.
I am willing to do this every day!!! Are you? 🙂